Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I just need someone who isn't afraid of me.



Can you find it inside yourself to let me in?


I'm sure there's room enough for the both of us since you only open up every now and then


And if I stepped inside would I find cobwebs overshadowing who you really are?


Would I find a flame fueled by anger and pain?


Would our aim be similar?


Tell me your target because although my mind wanders free, I keep my heart on a short leash.


You've already breached my barriers.


Consent or no consent,


The shield I've kept up in fear of battle you've lowered and you've taken off my armor.


Now I'm aiming to fill your days and nights with joy.


Whisper in the darkness no more, I've come to hear your voice.


I'm sure that things have gotten lonely, but not exactly to the point of sorrow.


Either way, I'm squeezing in, hoping that even in pain I've caused you'd look to me for a remedy,


That even in clouds I've brought you'd still search for sunshine in my smile,


Even in lies I've told, you'd still find truth in my eyes,


And when the world seems to be falling apart,


we'd still be floating in starry skies.


How sweet crushes can be, but love means surpassing whole new levels of sadness.


Madness just isn't the word to describe how absurd our love would most likely be.


I just need someone who isn't afraid of me.


- Lali

No comments: