Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My own

And I am just a girl who just entered college standing in a subway station waiting for the A train to take me to my destination
I’ve cried here in this station
I’ve laughed
I’ve been broken hearted
And I’ve been in love
Here in this station
I experienced embarassment and have given into selfish needs
I decided that I’d never have a first kiss here
But I’d look at you with innocent eyes and proclaim that seeing you again was only a maybe in my book
I’ve screamed here
And I’ve looked at you with hate
I’ve held hands here and shared hugs
I’ve wondered why I stood here with a handful of boys who had yet to grow up
And how I stood here with one man
Too sweet to ever see me again
And I am just a girl who just entered college standing in a subway station waiting for the A train to take me to my destination
With a book in hand
You see me coming your way, I don’t blend in
And if I have a look of contemplation on my face,
I’m probably wondering why it is I stood here with so many
A 18 year old girl with 18 years of anticipation of standing right here
Waiting to go home, alone
Happiest,
My hand holding my own hand

1 comment:

Skit-Zen said...

more more more... i love it.