Monday, January 17, 2011

Business Not Pleasure: An update.

An update on the post from last night about business vs. pleasure: two of the people who were my friends are no longer that. Yep, that's how the cookie crumbles. It sounds awful, but it makes for a better story rather than a book or movie ending, we have reality. We have life. Here is our climax people! And luckily, what comes next is the denouement
I said a few things that were out of line that night because I thought I was talking to a friend, but in reality our relationship had changed long before that night. I hadn't realized it, again, because I was so caught up in my own world and all of the other things that have been affecting my life lately. I'm not saying it's okay to get extremely out of line with your friends all the time, but I am saying that friends usually forgive.
Not surprisingly, the friend who has gotten really close to her chose to follow her lead. What does that mean? Two friends down. So, in my point to help, I lost two people. That's life. I've made a separate post about people and losing them before. I rather have a small amount of real friends than a large amount of "friends". Those all turn out to be relationships that cause my life headaches.
It will make for an awkward workplace at times, but it also means that I don't have to worry about anyone's feelings when I make work related decisions or when I'm keeping up with people. So while one dilemma rears it's ugly head, another clears up. Besides, I'll only have to deal with awkwardness for a few minutes or possibly for one shift. That in itself is a sunnier disposition for me. I can assure you that this isn't a negative post. It's hopeful, and it's saying that life happens and lessons are learned from every situation. I can't make people be my friends. I can only hope that they are grateful for the opportunity I gave to them, and that it does help them as much as need be and as much as I originally wanted it to. I will never again put myself in such a position.

No comments: