Sunday, January 16, 2011

I wanted to be Judy Garland.

My mom always told me I reminded her of Judy, but I could never and don't think I will ever be able to pull of being that classy. I can never be classy because I curse too much, I don't think when I eat so I bang dishes/cups and slurp, I put my elbows on the table, I slouch, I walk very sloppy, I'm very clumsy, I'm not dainty, I speak before I think, I do not censor my words to people's likings, all of my movements are awkward, my eye movements are also awkward, I say "like" "um" "you know what I mean" "yeah" too much, and more. I'm possibly the complete opposite of classy and I don't like that about myself because I've always longed to be a classy young woman strolling along in my elegance without trying too hard. Classy will never come easy for me, growing up raised by two men and in Brooklyn never taught me classy.

1 comment:

Anna M. said...

Despite all this, I always thought you were classy (and still do).
(p.s. I didn't know how to reply to your comment on my blog, but I think a lot of women feel that way at one point or another, which sucks. Oh and I wouldn't have minded you posting anything on tumblr)