Saturday, March 28, 2009

Every girl should know they're beautiful

I was speaking to a co-worker/ great friend of mine yesterday when he came in to visit Equinox and all its wonderful workers a.k.a me (haha). He brightened up my night with his words last night while he was trying on a pair of glasses he bought.

He said "A few years ago, I couldn't have pulled these off... I wasn't ready, but now I am." I laughed, "Why are you ready now?" and he said, "Because I'm fierce." I laughed and he said, "No, seriously, I'm ready now because before I had a lot of self esteem issues because people put me down, they're haters. Now I know that all along I was fierce and everyone who put me down was just a hater." I smiled at him, admiring him for this, "I want to think just like you." He said, "Oh you will, it comes with age, but all you need to know is that you're beautiful no matter what people say. As long as you believe it you will always be it."

And it's so true, as long as you carry yourself with confidence people will always see the beauty in you. I'm not saying walk around with your nose in the air (unless your like me and have a nose that sticks up all the time then you can't help it haha), but believe in yourself it's the least you can do. I noticed this about myself, I'm always complaining about things I have wrong with me that I can't change. I'm stuck with them for life, I might as well love my flaws. This is so cliche, but imperfection is beautiful, it's what makes us all unique. I'm learning to love myself more and more as each day goes by and I really feel like it's causing me to be a happier person in general.

Think happy, be happy, live happy and life will alway's be a peach, sweet on the inside and fuzzy on the outside which is always a good thing right? ;]

1 comment:

Teh-phee =] said...

Love this!