Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterday Stonybrook broke my heart

I cried my eyes out for Stonybrook. I knew once I had seen the skimpy letter, I was rejected, but it hurt so much more reading the actual words. My heart shattered in a thousand pieces because I felt like that's the only school I really wanted to get into besides Old Westbury. I had applied to Old Westbury but had recieved a email saying my application was incomplete and when I called numerous times, no answer. So my chest ached and I lost myself for a moment, but then Nati, Eustace, and Mya made me feel a lot better. Then today, I was at work and I received a phone call from my father saying I recieved a big envelope from Old Westbury, and then he read to me the most beautiful words... "Dear Ashley, Congratulations on your acceptance to the State University of New York College at Old Westbury..."

My heart is now whole again and my smile is now re-instated.

Pure bliss I tell you.

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F@&K STONYBROOK!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE OLD WESTBURY!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Duke